Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I am unsure if my vocational school is being fraudulent, would i have a case?

Okay, so I signed up for this school that told me I would get a certificate for telecommunications after completing a 30 week course split into : Microsoft office, computer repair, networking, advanced networking, and structured cabling. Each class would take up 6 weeks, or so i was told. 3 months into being enrolled, they layoff almost all of the teachers, and send all the student into our networking class (which i only had 2 weeks left in) and they tells us it is now a computer repair class. So I am stuck for almost 2 months in this class reviewing stuff I already learned, computer repair and networking. Not only that but i am now learning that the certificate they offer expires within nine months! I am paying over 10k and they failed to mention the certificate i will receive is only good for less than a year. I also heard that a lot of the teachers they laid off didn't have their credentials, but for that i am now stuck losing 2 months of my time and i wont be able to graduate at the time i was promised. The people in charge told me that they dont have enough people enrolled in the night classes which is why they only need one teacher to teach all five classes. The teacher is not capable of teaching structured cabling, he told me himself that it will be a learning experience both ways. Would i have a case? They keep making changes without notifying student, and i heard that classes will now be 5 weeks instead of 6 weeks. I dont think i am getting what i paid for.

No comments:

Post a Comment